Sometimes you want just a really quick dinner you can whip together. Tonight was one of those nights. I have been at a friend's wonderful wedding for the majority of the afternoon and when I came home we wanted something quick that I could whip up and then for an early night for work tomorrow.
I would say that this recipe was cooked up in about 30 minutes (including the tiny amount of prep) and washing up was also very minimal.
Tuna Cream Pasta
Serves about 4 - 6 depending on how much you eat.
- 350g pasta, cooked, drained and then tossed in olive oil. Set aside
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 300ml (1 small carton) fresh cream
- 50g (1 sachet) tomato paste, (I used pizza sauce with garlic and herb)
- 425g tuna in oil, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen corn kernals
- 100g sundried tomato, sliced
- shredded parmesan cheese (optional)
1. Saute the garlic and onion in olive oil until the onion is softened.
2. Add the cream and the tomato paste, stir and cook until slightly bubbling.
3. Stir in the frozen peas and frozen corn. Then cook until they are softened. Add salt and pepper to your liking.
4. Add the tuna to the sauce and break up into smaller pieces.
Serve with parmesan.