Skip to main content

Moving stores and New completed Plush!

 Lately I have been thinking long and hard about whether I would prefer to sell my toys through Etsy or through Storenvy. Both of the platforms have been great to me and I've spent a good amount of time on each of them. Both of the store fronts have pros and cons but in the end I have decided to move my products back to Etsy. And there were quite a few things that influenced my decision.

Listing wide, I prefer the layout of Etsy. I think it looks cleaner and is easier to navigate through and has an easy to see feedback system. In Storenvy, there is the ability to list variations per listing as well as how many of each variation there are. The variation part is available in Etsy but you can't specify how many of each you have in stock which I find a little bit sad but it's manageable and in the end I suppose I could always list each one separately if I want to have stock levels but then that pushes up fees which I am trying to avoid.

That being said, if I was trying to avoid fees all together, I would have stayed on Storenvy because there weren't fees to sell through that website. Which was great. But what really brought me back to Etsy is the fact that even though I can't connect directly through to Facebook and have a storefront app attached, Etsy has a better feel for handmade items. People who go to Etsy are specifically looking for lovingly made items or supplies to make their own hand made products. There is a clear category for where my items should fit and the support there is wonderful. Storenvy has felt more like a more commercial area with people selling a lot of brand name or manufactured items amongst the handmade so I felt a little lost. There was also no clear area where I could slot my toys into.

This is a photo of all the toys I sold at my second convention. Most of these creations have found their own home now and I'm so glad!

Moving back to Etsy felt like I was freeing myself back into the land of the handmade and I think that's where I belong with my toys.

That being said, I am currently working on so many projects that I'm not sure where to begin. There are two more animal crossing characters on my crochet list, a bleach character and a cat. There are a few pokemon which have been waiting on my list so long I wonder if they're getting sad they haven't been created yet.

Next week is the start of my Free Fortnightly pattern on Fridays! Where I'll either release a quick small pattern or I'll write a big pattern and release it in parts over a few fortnights but I thought that would be a fun thing for me to do. I probably won't release another one as big as growlithe here but I won't be taking him down. I might make a Growly mk II at some point though!

My dream is still to release every single pokemon as a pattern in my lifetime so that everyone can make them too :)

But for now I'm so proud that I've just finished another gift for a friend of mine. I am considering making another one for my store if anybody is interested!

I hope everyone else thinks he's adorable too!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#778 Mimikyu

Hello all!! I've been mysteriously quiet lately but I've been very productive. Just lazy when it comes to actually resizing my images and putting these patterns up. I have a backlog of actual patterns to put up so I'll work through them slowly. I figure I would come back with one that a lot of people have been happy with. This Mimikyu is 30.5cm (12 inches) tall from base to the tip of its crooked ear. Features are needlefelted on and everything is sewn on and attached so there are no hard parts.  Head/Body Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6 (42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9: [2SC, SCx7]x6 (54) Round 10: [2SC, SCx8]x6 (60) Round 11 - 20: SCx60 (60, 10 rounds) Round 21: [SC2tog, SCx8]x6 (54) Round 22: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 23: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42)  

Clefairy (Pokedoll style)

Hello! I come with another pattern that isn't being added to the pokedex library as this one is done in pokedoll (cute and round) style rather than based on the original dex image. But this one is really quick and easy to work up! I made this with DK weight yarn and my usual 4.00 size hook. The plush works up to be 18cm (7 inches) tall and 21cm (about 8 1/2 inches) arm span! Body Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6 (42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9: [2SC, SCx7]x6 (54) Round 10: [2SC, SCx8]x6 (60) Round 11: [2SC, SCx9]x6 (66) Round 12: [2SC, SCx10]x6 (72) Round 13 - 26: SCx72 (72, 14 rounds) Round 27: [SC2tog, SCx10]x6 (66) Round 28: [SC2tog, SCx9]x6 (60) Round 29: [SC2tog, SCx8]x6 (54) Round 30: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 31: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42) Ro

#359 Absol

Hey! I come here with a cute absol pattern for you guys this time! If you're enjoying all my pattern posts, please consider supporting me! Absol took a few rework to get it to look how I wanted it to. This one takes a little more fiddling so you may wish to start with one of my other patterns (such as some of the eeveelutions or the pokedoll clefairy) if you're new to crochet! And here's the pattern: Head Blue Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6(42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9 - 13: SCx48 (48, 5 rounds) Round 14: SCx42, 2SC, SCx5 (49)  Round 15: SCx42, 2SCx2, SCx5 (51) Round 16: SCx44, 2SCx3, SCx4 (54) Round 17: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 18: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42) Round 19: [SC2tog, SCx5]x6 (36) Round 20: [SC2tog, SCx4]x6 (30) Round 21: [SC2tog, SCx3]x6 (24) Round