Skip to main content

Thoughtful Thursdays

Thursday seems to be a nice day to start something like this. I was thinking that I would start making weekly posts with some themes just to keep myself active here and have a space for myself.  So Thursdays will be thoughtful Thursdays. I have a little book of questions that I've always wanted to pace myself through and answer, and it would be amazing to have a conversation with other people in the comments below about the question and how you all feel about it too. :)

Once a fortnight I'm going to aim to release a freebie pattern of some sort. Just a small cute pattern that everyone can crochet along to. Maybe I'll do something big like growlithe as well and release it over a few fortnights. We shall see.  :) I do want to try and get more free things out there amongst all the patterns I want to try and sell as well. Just to give back to all the amazing people I know are lurking out there! Sometimes it'll be different ways I use the one pattern template as well just to give everybody fun ideas!

I don't want to make the same thing over and over again so why not share the love!

But there are a few plans in the works at the moment~ I have a Eeveelution pattern series I want to release shortly and a new chibi series of toys and rumble edition keychains that I have in the works. But that's not the point of this post!

Thoughtful Thursdays~

To start with, a little bit about myself. I'm a 28 year old girl still living at home with my parents at the moment. Currently, I have an apartment that's being built and I should be able to move out in the first quarter of next year. I'm dating a wonderful boy and I work in a wonderful job. Everything is quite happy and chirpy.

All the happy things aside, to be quite honest and open about myself, I have sleeping problems and I am currently going to therapy once a week to help with anxiety problems. I am not good with being around people and much prefer to be at home with my partner/family and my yarn. But that doesn't mean I don't have a wonderful supporting group of friends who understand that I don't always have the energy and strength to see them. I also have a wonderfully supporting work place that help me with my anxiety issues and a team that understand if I don't talk much and they know how to help me if I suddenly panic or cry at my desk.

To attempt to fix my sleep problems, I sleep with this thing:

There is a mask that fits over my face and it forces me to keep breathing through the night. If I don't wear it, I suffocate briefly about 50 - 80 times a night which is not pleasant. Since starting on the machine though, my memory has greatly improved and I am definitely more energetic. I also nap a lot less. To help with the energy levels, I also go the gym once a day at least 4 - 5 times a week! So there's a little thought for you. Everybody has their ups and downs. Now you know a little more about me.

And now I leave you with me the other night. Happily making toys in my pajamas.  I am so glad it is now fluffy pajama season again.


To help me deal with anxiety, I have happy photos of me and my partner on my desk at work. I've also learnt to deal with negative feelings by standing up and having a short walk around my desk while talking to customers and when I get home I hide in my room with my giant piles of yarn.

How do all of you deal with anxiety? I would love to hear your hints and tips :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#778 Mimikyu

Hello all!! I've been mysteriously quiet lately but I've been very productive. Just lazy when it comes to actually resizing my images and putting these patterns up. I have a backlog of actual patterns to put up so I'll work through them slowly. I figure I would come back with one that a lot of people have been happy with. This Mimikyu is 30.5cm (12 inches) tall from base to the tip of its crooked ear. Features are needlefelted on and everything is sewn on and attached so there are no hard parts.  Head/Body Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6 (42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9: [2SC, SCx7]x6 (54) Round 10: [2SC, SCx8]x6 (60) Round 11 - 20: SCx60 (60, 10 rounds) Round 21: [SC2tog, SCx8]x6 (54) Round 22: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 23: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42)  

Clefairy (Pokedoll style)

Hello! I come with another pattern that isn't being added to the pokedex library as this one is done in pokedoll (cute and round) style rather than based on the original dex image. But this one is really quick and easy to work up! I made this with DK weight yarn and my usual 4.00 size hook. The plush works up to be 18cm (7 inches) tall and 21cm (about 8 1/2 inches) arm span! Body Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6 (42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9: [2SC, SCx7]x6 (54) Round 10: [2SC, SCx8]x6 (60) Round 11: [2SC, SCx9]x6 (66) Round 12: [2SC, SCx10]x6 (72) Round 13 - 26: SCx72 (72, 14 rounds) Round 27: [SC2tog, SCx10]x6 (66) Round 28: [SC2tog, SCx9]x6 (60) Round 29: [SC2tog, SCx8]x6 (54) Round 30: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 31: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42) Ro

#359 Absol

Hey! I come here with a cute absol pattern for you guys this time! If you're enjoying all my pattern posts, please consider supporting me! Absol took a few rework to get it to look how I wanted it to. This one takes a little more fiddling so you may wish to start with one of my other patterns (such as some of the eeveelutions or the pokedoll clefairy) if you're new to crochet! And here's the pattern: Head Blue Round 1: CH2, SCx6 in the 2nd stitch from the hook (6) Round 2: 2SCx6 (12) Round 3: [2SC, SC]x6 (18) Round 4: [2SC, SCx2]x6 (24) Round 5: [2SC, SCx3]x6 (30) Round 6: [2SC, SCx4]x6 (36) Round 7: [2SC, SCx5]x6(42) Round 8: [2SC, SCx6]x6 (48) Round 9 - 13: SCx48 (48, 5 rounds) Round 14: SCx42, 2SC, SCx5 (49)  Round 15: SCx42, 2SCx2, SCx5 (51) Round 16: SCx44, 2SCx3, SCx4 (54) Round 17: [SC2tog, SCx7]x6 (48) Round 18: [SC2tog, SCx6]x6 (42) Round 19: [SC2tog, SCx5]x6 (36) Round 20: [SC2tog, SCx4]x6 (30) Round 21: [SC2tog, SCx3]x6 (24) Round